When we were little we did the Mento’s in a coke bottle trick, and we made volcanoes with baking soda and vinegar experiment. This one is similar only with a fun twist on it! Can be fun for anyone of any age!
Please make sure to do this outside, otherwise you will have a mess inside!
To do this experiment you just need to have a few things that you most likely already have.
- One small (sandwich size) zip-lock bag – freezer bags work best.
- Baking soda
- Warm water
- Measuring cup
- A tissue
How To Do This…. Are You Ready?
- Go outside FIRST!
- Put 1/4 cup of warm water into the bag.
- Add 1/2 cup of vinegar to the water in the bag.
- Dump 4 teaspoons of baking soda into the middle of the tissue
- Wrap the the baking soda up in the tissue by folding the tissue around it.
- You will have to work fast now – partially zip the bag closed but leave enough space to add the baking soda in the tissue. Put the tissue with the baking soda into the bag and quickly zip the bag completely closed.
- Put the bag down on the ground (outside) and step back. The bag will start to expand, and expand, and BOOM!
Hope you had fun, now you can try it with more ingredients and bigger bags to make a bigger BOOM!